- You want to have all manicures, pedicures, waxing, etc. done before your tan. Your tan is the finishing touch!
- Exfoliate and shave the day before or morning of attending your tanning treatment - smooth body, smooth tan!
- Attend your tanning treatment with no make-up, lotions, deodorant, perfume, etc., on your body. They can act as barriers.
- You may tan at your comfort level, but if you are wearing something, we recommend wearing old or dark colored undergarments or suits when tanning and loose clothing for after your tan, as not to rub it off. (Men need to wear underwear, boxers or trunks please!)
- You should also have flip flops or loose sandals for your feet and a towel to sit on in your car and on your furniture until after you shower. You do not want to get bronzer on them. After you shower, your tan is all yours!
- Plan on spending about 30 minutes for your custom tanning session. The actual tanning time takes about 15 minutes, but you will need time for drying and dressing.
- After tanning, you have to stay COMPLETELY DRY for a minimum of 8 hours, preferably longer, before showering. Your first shower should be a warm water rinse with little soap. And to achieve even darker results, it may be better to wait until the next morning to shower. Completely dry means no working out, getting hair done, rinsing meat for dinner, washing hands, etc. I'm sure you get the point.
- If doing a rapid tan, you would warm water rinse with little soap within 2 to 4 hours.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize regularly after showering every day. Keeping your skin hydrated is extremely important for prolonging and fading of your tan.
- Do not take long hot baths or showers, sit in a hot tub, or spend extended time in pools to prolong your tan. This naturally exfoliates your skin faster.
DO NOT CONFUSE SELF-TANNER WITH SUN SCREEN PROTECTION.
Most importantly, make sure you wear sun screen to protect your skin!!
"The sun is not your friend, but WE ARE!"